Way to 'copy' 'Scheduled Tasks' from old to new Laptop ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by akm, Sep 19, 2007.

1. akm

akm Sergeant

Any way to retrieve 'Scheduled Tasks' from old computer (XP) backup files for add to 'Scheduled Tasks' at new laptop (XP) without having to 're-create' all with 'S T Wizard' ?

2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Have you tried this? On your old computer, do a search of files of the extension .JOB (note their location) and copy them to a backup media (floppy disk, cdrw, etc.) Then copy them from the backup media to the respective location on the laptop.

Obviously, you need to make sure the locations of the programs used on the old computer are in the same folders on the laptop.

My $0.02

3. akm

akm Sergeant

Thanks much for the 2-cents.
    Seems to work fine (copied from old laptop backup loc/s to windows/tasks) with a little re-pathing etc.
    Really appreciate the help.

Question... Have always had to enter a password (OS=XP) when changing task properties. Its a pain. Is there any way to shut-down that requirement ?

Thanks again.
    akm

4. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Not sure I can help you there, apologize. I haven't had direct experience with that in XP, though in Win 2000. Security settings may have been copied over. Check the security settings of the task and ensure your username is included. Searching through MS knowledge base may help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds