connect computer trough another one with the internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by _Questionmark_, Mar 26, 2008.

1. _Questionmark_

_Questionmark_ Private E-2

:confused

How can I connect my computer through another one with the internet?
    I use D-Lan and netcologne, so I have to dial up, but I cannot dial up with the same account if my father is online. So how can I use his internet without dial up myself? I tried some Assitents of Windows, but nothing really worked.
    Each help is welcome!!!!

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Two computers on dial up will be slow (er) but you need to allow the PC connected to the phone line to let other PCs connect through it.

Right click to Properties of that PCs connection and check the box to allow it. Here is shot of Vista but the property remains the same.

Attached Files:

3. _Questionmark_

_Questionmark_ Private E-2

I dont have Vista, but I fixed the problem with a similar window of an XP-network-assistant to allow other network computers to dial up trough my Computer. Thanks anyway:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds