HELP...reformated old computer...now nothing works.

Discussion in 'Software' started by peno500, Apr 23, 2012.

1. peno500

peno500 Private E-2

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094. Model # PSMB0U-015007.

Due to very poor perfomance, I decided to reformat and reinstall windows XP. I did not have the disk. I did it by clicking on a certain file that I was told about.

Now, XP is reinstalled, but nothing works...including my wireless adapter, sound card...pretty much everything. I am assuming that i need to reinstall drivers.

During my search to fix this issue, I came across something from the Toshiba Driver website called DriverTuner, that I was instructed to download. I downloaded it on another computer (since I can't even get on the internet on my Toshiba) and transfered it to my Toshiba. It won't even open. It says error code 2.

Basically, my TOshiba does absolutely nothing now. Can anyone help to point me in some kind of direction to get my computer working again?

Thank you in advance!

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. peno500

peno500 Private E-2

Thanks for your reply. I ran the chipset id utility. It says:

Detected Chipset: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Chipset or Intel(R)945GT Express Chipset.

Memory Controller: 82945GM/GMS/82940GML or 82945GT

I/O Controller: Intel(R) 82801GBM I/O Controller Hub (ICH7M)

Integated Graphics: Gfx String not set

Also, I was able to install the lan driver realtek25058B, but when I attempted to install the driver wifi Intel v11.1.0.86...my computer says it is not a valid Win32 application.

If I understand you correctly...the things with the yellow exclamation points are as follows:

! Network Controller
    ! PCI Device
    ! PCI Flash Memory
    ! PCI Flash Memory
    ! PCI Flash Memory
    ! SM Bus Controller
    ! Video Controller
    ! Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I appreciate your help thus far! Thanks man! :-D

4. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

The Wifi driver may have a different chipset.

On every device with the yellow exclamation mark, right click, select properties and under the details tab provide the Vendor and Device ID as shown.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds