Ms WORKS error 1706

Discussion in 'Software' started by ViPirate, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ViPirate

ViPirate Private E-2

:major Hi everyone!
    i NEVER wants the micosoft works, but on 4th.june, some security updates comes from windows update. At 10th.JUNE i open it from my programs folder for the 1st.time. Until now i didn't use it and i tried uninstall it... Here starts the issue with a message for i insert my CD-ROM(??:boxing)... obvious hasn't got none, then comes with ok or cancel, comes the error message 1706.
    I saw the instalation folder, but the uninstall.exe file doesn't exist as well, so... The worst is, that i give a look on the internet and all solutions goes trough the CD-ROM.
    I have a HP1210ep-dv5. Please, can you help me?
    :confused

2. ViPirate

ViPirate Private E-2

:confusedDid I post on the rong thread:confused, or as no solution:confused

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I can not find an HP model HP1210ep-dv5.

4. ViPirate

ViPirate Private E-2

Sorry here is the link at HP :
    PC notebook HP Pavilion dv5-1210ep para entretenimento

rolleyes
    This model name should be only in UE (Portugal for the "..10"), in USA probably is on another name, the same notebook.
    and thanks! Anyway i just remove all files with CCleaner, but i stll with the MSI of it, on the control panel:confused. Any clue about it??
    CHEERS

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I think that Works was included by HP on your computer. That means you can not uninstall it unless you have a CD with software that came with your computer. You would need to install it so that you have an uninstall. Then you could uninstall it.
    If I were you, just delete the entry from your program listings if it annoys you.

6. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

I think I understand what you are / have done.

Your updates are set to be manually updated so they sit in a designated folder.

You declined and let the update sit for over a month, updates are by design deleted, however you can recover it if you change your mind later as you did.

You must be logged on as the Administrator
    Click Start
    Click Control Panel
    Dbl click System
    On the Automatic updated tab
    Click restore declined updates

If your update still does not work open the help and support center from the start button and open the window update from there

the home page provides a search / scan for available updated. If it is your first time to the site you will be ask / prompted to install any required software or controls click yes

You will maintain full control to deny some or all updates

7. ViPirate

ViPirate Private E-2

I didn't explain very well at 1st.thread but my issue is realy, with the "Microsoft Works" programa... So I just want ad, like i wrote on last thread, left the msi on the control panel. For now i think i'm ok, he only should be removed when i reboot my Vista, problably is not on my computer anymore!?? CHEERS

:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds