NEWBIE hellooo

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kjhabit, Dec 29, 2007.

1. kjhabit

kjhabit Private E-2

Hello ALL ..Im a newbie to your site(as far as postings go,not reading/surfing)..Im glad to be able to post here with you guys...I have many questions but will take it slow..im in school for computer science, so I hope this will help, again thanks and hello kjh:wave

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..
    just post your questions in the appropriate froum.
    IE SOFTWARE.. HARDWARE.. NETWORKING.:major

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Majorgeeks,

I noticed you posted in an old thread on Hijackthis logs, I have removed that posts and will reply to you here in your thread,

Most people are under the very mistaken misconception that HijackThis is a malware removal tool. It is not! HijackThis is simply a tool that is used to identify browser hijackers and in some cases it will show entries for 'some' malware that is for instance running at startup. All it does is list a few of the thousands of registry keys that exist and it makes no inferences to whether anything being shown is good or bad. HijackThis does not come close to showing all malware that could be hiding on a PC. Anyone who has an infected computer and is relying on HijackThis without the benefit of running other scans such as MGTools, Spybot, BitDefender & Panda, CCleaner, etc. are more than likely still infected. In most cases, where there is one virus/trojan there are more. The goal is to remove all malware, and this cannot be done properly by just seeing a HijackThis log.

• Is it popups? if so do they have a name.
    • Is your browser being re-directed to a less welcome site?
    • Does your Anti-Virus software alert you to a Virus/Trojan? if so whats its name.
    The more info you can give us the better and quicker we can assist you, as we have some experts in malware removal based in this forum.

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Remember to start a new thread in the Malware Forum and list the info I mention above and "Attach" the logs requested..

Cheers and enjoy the forum, some great and talented folk are resident members here and the malware experts are just superb at what they do.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds