Help setting up router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rvolk86, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Rvolk86

Rvolk86 Private E-2

well, I'm turning a bedroom into an office and building another PC to put in there. I bought a wireless router and it's out in my living room with my normal pc.

The connection used to be straight from modem -> PC. When I put the router in, I connected the cable from router to the WAN port. and connected the LAN port on the router to my ethernet port on my PC.

The WAN port is blinking which means it's communicating with my modem. The LAN port that my PC is connected to is steady and not blinking.

I tried to go in IE and put in the IP given to access the router config. which is 192.168.1.1

IE just says "cant open search page" and I get a "limited connectivity" icon on my system tray.

I'm not sure what to do. any help would be appreciated.

2. quirk

quirk Corporal

I'm definitely not the best person to provide help, but here's a little.
    What OS are you running?
    under xp you have to enable specific connections-
    1. start
    2. my network places
    3. view network connections
    4.click the connection

also from network places there is a wizard for setting up a wireless network
    or a regular network.
    if that doesn't help list your os, router type, modem type, etc. for the
    gurus to better assist you

3. Rvolk86

Rvolk86 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds