issue with logging onto bank site

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by farsley, Dec 10, 2010.

1. farsley

farsley Private E-2

Can someone help me!!!!
    I have logged on to HSBC.ca banking website in the past, but I cannot log on now. I have removed any new program I installed, I removed the latest windows Kb pack, and tried system restore back to the date when I was able to log on. Nothing. I get "unable to connect". I did a malware scan and still nothing. I cleared the DNS cache on CMD- nothing. Pls help, I am unable to bank.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, farsley.

We need to know your operating system and service pack #, and the version of Internet Explorer you're running.

Have you tried cleaning your temp. internet files, browsing history, index.dat, etc.? You might try doing that, see if it makes a difference.

In fact, you might download and run CCleaner, both the files and registry cleaners.

Also, load a different browser, such as Firefox, try to access the site.

There's also the possibility that your browser security options may have somehow been altered: try resetting everything to defaults for troubleshooting purposes.

3. farsley

farsley Private E-2

Thanks for replying Caliban,
    I have windows xp service pack 3, the last Kb update was oct.15 but I was able to log on then. IE 8 and I have been running CCleaner since the day they invented it. I tried firefox. I can log on the HSBC international website through a link in Wiki but I can't get to the canadian HSBC through the international one. Very confused.

4. Caliban

That is confusing. What antivirus and firewall programs are you using? You might look at them, see if anything pertaining to HSBC is being blocked.

5. farsley

farsley Private E-2

I use norton and spyware doctor, I have disabled both and still nothing. Would it be my wireless Tplink router?

6. Caliban

Have you tried rebooting the router?

7. farsley

farsley Private E-2

I disconnected Tplink and ran as normal, no problems with bank site. I just have to figure out the wireless now. Thanks Caliban, it just frustrates me that it worked as normal before.

8. Caliban

Good job - you've cut your troubleshooting in half.

Was any software installed for the Tplink? You might try completely uninstalling, then reinstall with the defaults you used initially.

9. farsley

farsley Private E-2

I reset to default, resynced the ip address, but still the same. The Tplink comes with a setup disk, nothing installed on drive, all through cables. Funny thing is I called the 24hr 7 days a week tplink support and got a voicemail.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds