strange behavior...drwatson32.log

Discussion in 'Software' started by cat5, Feb 20, 2005.

1. cat5

cat5 Private E-2

Got my first computer with windows xp home at an estate sale recently. I've never used XP so have been treading very carefully....I cloned the original hard drive to a nice big one and began deleting the previous owner's stuff and transferring my virus and spyware scanners etc.

I noticed yesterday that suddenly the C drive contents jumped from about 4 gig to 8 gig. So I checked using the Sequioa utility and found that the drwatson32.log folder had become 4.2 gigs. Since I've got the original hard drive too, I checked it and found that log as only 4 mb. Then, in the process of trying to examine the text (couldn't because it's too large) it created another 4 gig folder....so now I've got 8 gigs that I can't read hogging my hard drive.

What should I do? I'm thinking of deleting the new folders and transfering the old folder of 4mb to start fresh.

Is it ok to delete drwatson32.log? Why do I want it anyway. And what's going on? I thoroughly cleaned the drive before this began with AVG, spybot, adaware, stinger, etc. However, I have to admit to a naughty move...I connected to the net to download a fresh copy of Sygate firewall, without a firewall in place....Yet no infections are found since.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds