ixQuick versus Startpage.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raphee, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Raphee

Raphee Private First Class

Can someone provide a comparison of ixQuick versus StartPage for a non-techie like myself?

ixQuick also mention on their site that they offer an add-on for Chrome. Is there an advantage to using that?

Do these Search Engines actually provide online privacy or are they still insecure?

Is there a better alternative out there that I'm unaware of?

I feel strongly about the privacy issue, and would rather use a browser that doesn't keep track of every moment of my online life, and then ends up selling the data to others, or losing it. Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Raphee

Raphee Private First Class

Yes, I actually did read that before posting here.

Just wanted to know what folks here think about the two software. The other questions popped up as I wrote.
    It's one thing for a software company to make claims, and another thing when people actually use it. Especially--like I highlighted, for non techies like me to understand.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds