Printing problem w/ XP SP2 and Print Shop

Discussion in 'Software' started by JimU, Mar 4, 2005.

1. JimU

JimU Private E-2

Hello,

I just installed XP SP2 on my wife's computer (Pentium IV 1.8) after a "clean install". She is an avid user of "Print Shop" (version 12 - about 3 years old). For her to print from that program it literally takes about 2 minutes for each print function. Thus, if she does a print preview, then goes into print properties and then "print" itself, she's got over 6 minutes of waiting and then sometimes it just "hangs" and she has to end the program.

This version of course, is no longer supported by Broaderbund anymore and they didn't put out any fixes for SP2. They did an XP patch but before SP2 was released.

Am I stuck with what I have unless I want to buy the current version?
    Has anyone out there had a similar problem? Is there a "work-around"?

She is o.k. under SP1 by itself.

Confused! and it certainly makes you want to buy other Printing software too when they don't back their products.

jnulr :(

2. tux2460

tux2460 Private First Class

best bet is going to be to uninstall SP2, if you want to keep your current version. If the version doesn't matter you'll have to see if the current version works with SP2. If yes, then install that. If no, find another company that provides a similar product that does.

3. JimU

JimU Private E-2

Thanks! tux2460, that's what I figured.

:rolleyes:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds