WMP and playing ripped music

Discussion in 'Software' started by ChrisC, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC Private First Class

I recently formatted my computer (About 2 weeks ago), and installed XP Pro, and ugraded to WMP9.
    My problem is when I try to play some songs now, it wont play them, and hijacks an internet explorer window (or open one if none are open), and gives me this page
    So, WMP wont let me play it because it was copied from a cd. Well, every citizen has the right to copy music for thier own personal use, so, this seems a little intrusive on M$'s part.....not to mention I cant play some of my music now.
    I tried uninstalling the KB828026 patch for WMP, but, I still cant play some of my content.
    DRM was annoying enough when it came to getting trial periods for songs, but extending it to music that is owned and copied is a inexcusable, IMO.
    Does anyone know a way to let me listen to this music on WMP, or, do I need to use another player for them?

2. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Try this see if it works

start
    run
    type services.msc
    go to the bottom of that list and find
    wmdm pmsp service
    click on it and if its running stop the service then
    make sure you disable it

for more information click

Here

and

Here

I hope this helps

Last edited: Mar 6, 2004
  3. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK MajorGeeks Forum Administrator Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds