Help me solve my problem please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ste5742@hotmail.com, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Ste5742@hotmail.com

Ste5742@hotmail.com Private E-2

Having problems with my computer it often crashes for unknown reasons, e.g. im running the symnatec virus scan and limewire(downloading program) and it crashes, sometimes im just listening to music and browsing websites, sometimes it just crashes. any ideas why? Here are my specs if you need further informaton to help you to help me just ask.

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
    System Manufacturer: SiS
    System Model: 730S
    BIOS: Version 1.00
    Processor: AMD Duron(tm) , MMX, 3DNow, 1.3GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page file: 128MB used, 1121MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Graphics Card is

Name: ASUS RADEON A9200SE
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip Type: Radeon 9200 SE AGP (0x5964)
    DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Approx. Total Memory: 128.0MB
    Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 ( 32 bit ) (85Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and PLay Monitor

Main Driver: ati1dvag.dll
    Version 6.14.0010.6404
    Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    DDI Version: 9

Sound

Name: Sis 7018 Wave
    Driver: sis7018.sys
    Version: 5.10.0000.6180

2. mpc458

mpc458 Private First Class

What service pack are you running?? Are you using dail-uo or broadband??
    If you're using DSL/Cable You should run an online VScan http://housecall.trendmicro.com
    would be a good start.
    Have you checked your device manager for bad hardware?
    This might be a virus / malware on your system. You might want to post your problem in the software section.

3. Ste5742@hotmail.com

I am on SP2 and am on broadband, how can i use device manager to check for bad hardware and i find some what do i do about it.

4. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

By use device manager to check for bad HW, he merely means when you open device manager do any yellow ! show up beside some of the icons.

Another good thing to check is temperatures. Get a program to check the temps on your CPU to make sure it's not over heating and causing the crashes.

5. Ste5742@hotmail.com

Yeah i think i may have sorted it I believe it may have been the temperatuire of the cpu overheating it, as after a friend told me to check it turned out the start temp was, 49 C and then after it had crashed it was 72 C so that is what i have come to conclude i am buying a new fan as soon as i can I will let ya know if it works.

6. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

check the event log? in control panel, admin tools, event viewer

7. simonk

simonk Corporal

thermal paste spread very finally too

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds