SDHC 4GB card driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fernthewanderer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. fernthewanderer

fernthewanderer Private E-2

I recently brought a SDHC 4GB card for a Christmas Present which is a GiiNii 8" digital Picture frame and I was going to use my computer, which is a Gateway 420GR with windows XP service pack 3 on it and a media reader, to load picture on to the card. But, the media reader will read a 2 GB SD card but won't read the 4GB SDHC SanDisk card. And I can't find a driver for it. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi,
    Older card readers will not read over 2 gig. A lack of address lines in the device prevent reading a bigger card. To double the size of card that can be read requires one more address line (Binary). I have two readers with the same problem. Hope this helps a bit.

Luck, Jim

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Get something like this http://file.walagata.com/view.php?file=sdholder.jpg
    The part opposite the USB connector is hinged. You open it, slide in a large sd card or even an sdhc card, plug it into a computer and the computer can see it.

I have windows 2000 running and was able to put in a 4 GB sdhc and an 8 GB sdhc and two computers can see the cards. I was able to move files between the cards and the computers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds