"SOS.Messaging has stopped working..." Every Time I Start Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by csecl, Nov 1, 2012.

1. csecl

csecl Private E-2

I am currently working on a Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210. It currently has Windows 7 (64-bit). Every time I turn on the laptop and log in, I get the error message above, "SOS.Messaging has stopped working..." and then Windows tries to find a solution, but is unsuccessful. It does not seem to cause any issues with the computer, I just get that pop-up error message every time... :confused

I have searched the internet, and only found one other person with the same question, "How do I fix this?" Unfortunately, no one has an answer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time... You guys were very helpful in the past... :clap

2. csecl

csecl Private E-2

SOLVED: "SOS.Messaging has stopped working..." Every Time I Start Win 7

This issue has been resolved.

It was due to leftover files from when I removed Stronghold Online Backup. I should have run CCleaner after uninstalling those programs yesterday, but after searching for smessenger.exe on my C: drive, which is what the Event Viewer said was causing the error, I found it, deleted it, and it fixed the problem.

I ran CCleaner after, and all is fine now... :major

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds