suddenly cannot access web page

Discussion in 'Software' started by toddler, Jan 2, 2011.

1. toddler

toddler Private E-2

Hi everybody and Happy New Year!
    While on vacation in Jamaica I was suddenly unable to access the Easynews search web page on my netbook running window7 starter. I figured perhaps it was somehow being blocked by the hotel network. All other web sites seem to be fine. When I got home I still couldn't access the web site so I called Easynews support. He asked what browser I was using and I told him IE. He suggested I try firefox. On our main computer we run firefox and I was able to access the website. So I installed firefox on my netbook but STILL wasn't able to access the site. I would get "DNS server unavailable".The 3 other computers on the wireless network also can't access the web page which are running windows7. The only computer that can access it is our main computer which is running windowsXP.. It can't be an Easynews problem as I can get it on the main computer. I've tried system restore, and turning off the windows firewall. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 228814 MB, Free - 162400 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NPVAA, 1.00, 0123456789AB
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Open a command prompt and type in ipconfig /all
    Check what DNS server the main computer is running. That is what you want as the DNS numbers on the 3 failing computers.
    What modem and router are you using?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds