Toshiba Portege R500-02G Windows XP Pro Sata Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Pwc, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Pwc

Pwc Private E-2

Hey all its me again. One of our Clients just purchased this laptop and it comes with vista home premium, but they want xp pro. So i got the xpp and i have no clue where to find the xpp sata drivers for this particular laptop. Now we have a slipstream disc w/ sata drivers for the xp/vista dual boot, but I think it was made w/ the xph cd. does taht matter or no?

anyhelp appreciated. My co-worker who did this kinda stuff is no longer with us and he only partially showed me, and i cannot remember if he siad that this disc with the sata drivers already installed will work with all sata or not.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

BEFORE you format the drive and install XP, check to be sure that WinXP drivers are even available for that model of PC! These forums are full of people who formatted to dump Vista in favor of XP only to discover that very limited (in some cases non-existent) driver support was available. So, visit the Toshiba web site and make sure the XP drivers are available for download. If they have 'em, download them and burn them to a CD before starting the install just to be sure you have them. Chances are, they have the driver you're looking for too....

If you can't find the SATA driver at the Toshiba web site, but they have all the other drivers, post here and we'll try to help!

Good luck!

(BTW- the model number you listed does not exist at the Toshiba web site. Portege models in the R500 series have model numbers that look like this: R500-S5001X through S5008X and an R500-S8199. Some of the models have a V or no letter, but NONE have a G, and none have only 2 or 3 numbers after the R500 so you might want to double check the model number. This is for US models; if you're not in the US, you may have a different model numbering structure)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds