Printer not printing from some programs but fine with Notepad or Paint

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ileansolutions, Mar 22, 2011.

1. ileansolutions

ileansolutions Private E-2

Hello everyone, I have been trying to help a friend out with his small home-office network printer connection and I can't put my finger on this one! rolleyes

He has an HP printer connected to the main computer and shared through his home network. He then has three other computers and all are able to print to this main printer fine through a Network -printer connection except for one...

I spent about 2 hours trying to figure it out; but here is where I am lost, it seems that the connection is fine because I can print from Windows Notepad, or Windows Paint programs, but I can print from any browser like Firefox, or IE, or Chrome, or even from Microsoft Word, but why does Notepad work or Paint??

I tried everything, looking into his McFee antivirus settings, removing & re-installing, firewall settings... I mean it finds the printer fine and it even prints the Test page... but why doesn't it print from MS Word or browsers?

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help :yum

2. ileansolutions

Does anyone have any suggestions they can offer yet? I am still having this problem and can't seem to figure it out.

I really appreciate your suggestions, thanks!

3. BoneXXX

BoneXXX Private E-2

if you can print documents from some applications, it means network settings are ok, but be double sure that you are selecting the correct printer to print from the whatever application that you are sending from.

4. ileansolutions

Hi, thanks for your response. I did make sure that I am selecting the correct printer, in fact the printer actually makes a ' (( click )) ' sound and that's it, doesn't proceed with the printing.

Any other suggestions? greatly appreciated

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds