XP Hi Def Audio Conexant Driver XP Toshiba

Discussion in 'Software' started by ipscmaster, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Private E-2

Ok
    Have a Toshiba P105-S6137

Had to load XP Pro , (apps wont run under Vista)

Everything works with XP except Hi Def audio and Modem

82801 GDM ICH7 chipset and Conexant Venice audio

Toshiba is no help , says it was built for Vista and they wont support XP Pro

Any one got any Ideas , need driver for XP Pro

Help !!!!

2. mkesterco

mkesterco Private E-2

Just posted same problem... same story (Vista compatibility issues). Did you ever find a solution? I have the P105-S6147 which is likely to be the same as yours. Really hate the bios beep so please let me know where your at.... THANKS

3. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Private E-2

hi yes i did

you have to force the vista drivers

have disk

specify location

etc etc

4. mkesterco

mkesterco Private E-2

Maybe I'm not following you... I insert disk... go to drivers install? select audio drivers? wait stupid amount of time for it to tell me "it's done" and reboot the computer?

or do you mean look on disk for specific directory and specific driver and manually copy them over and try to load driver from XP install (not Vista recovery disk?)..

Sorry I'm a little slow on this...

5. ipscmaster

ipscmaster Private E-2

Ok

go to toshiba and download the vista drivers for your devices , expand them in folders
    right clik my comp , properties, hardware

go to non functioning device

reinstall drivers

not auto

have disk

browse to directory

force the change ignore warning

6. redskull

redskull Private E-2

I am attempting to "downgrade" to XP on a Toshiba P-105-S9337, any advice would be great. Did you have any trouble with hard drive errors or anything during the installation? I have an external Audigy notebook sound card which I am hopeing will solve any sound problems.

7. mkesterco

mkesterco Private E-2

You can get the modem driver. I am reasonably certain mine works although odds are against me ever using it - so I don't know that I care. (inotherwords, I haven't plugged it in a tried it).

However, I have tried 50 times to "force" the vista audio driver to load as suggested - and it hasn't worked yet. I think??? there might be a link to the video driver - as the one I am using to boost to my screens full capacity (which works great) seems to have a "X" next to it in the functioning department....

OpenGL Properties:
    Vendor Intel
    Renderer Intel 945GM
    Version 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4785

all three lines are "x" and the entire DirectX catagory is "x" according to Everest.

Download Everest (you can find links on this site) and have it check your computer.... if your video is 100% maybe you can "force" the drivers as suggested - either way let me know what happens.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM I encountered is it shut down the wireless AND ethernet connection!!! SO GET (download from internet) THOSE BEFORE you wipe the hard drive and save them to a CD or USB Drive - as the one's on the Toshiba restore vista disk didn't fly and XP Pro SP2 didn't either.

As FOR THE COMPONENTS... the video did come on naturally I just didn't think I was getting full resolution, the USB ports seem to support 2.0, the hard drive was no issue at all, the RAM addressed well, I have burned a couple of DVD's, and mine has 2 (new & old) PCMCIA slots that work fine as well as the SD slot. All the keys including the "FN" + "function key #" seem to work to adjust screen, sound, so forth....

Just no audio.....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds