How to completely remove uninstall Logitech Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Software' started by zmartha, Jul 23, 2008.

1. zmartha

zmartha Private E-2

It seems this is a difficult task because there doesn't seem to be answers:

I have Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse (duo navigator) and have had it 3 years. I want to uninstall them completely and install a wireless MS keyboard and mouse, but I get this error message when I try to uninstall them in add/remove:

"Sorry this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will now close."

I want it removed and I don't want to reformat the hard drive. I know it is difficult to remove completely (like Norton was) but if I could have some steps on how do it, I sure would appreciate any help I can get to take this stubborn program out.

I have xp sp3.

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Just install the wireless, then uninstall the wired but I leave the wired, just in case I need it. I've had Logitech products for years and no problems with any of them. Please explain the problem in more detail, think I'm missing something here.

3. John A. Rish

John A. Rish Private E-2

There is a program called "BFU", which is short for "Big F_____g Uninstaller". Do a Google search for it, as it is usually free. CNET.com comes to mind as the source for it. Try them first. Another program is called "Unlocker", which does the same thing, I think. Good luck!

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. zmartha

zmartha Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestions; I will look into the uninstallers. It would be lovely if I could just "install the wireless." I don't have any wired. I want to replace wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard with wireless Microsoft mouse and keyboard. Logitech won't let me uninstall!
    Does HijackThis also do this kind of completely uninstalling something?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds