Overclocking with DDR2 & Asus P5LD2 Deluxe mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scoobysix, Jul 21, 2005.

1. scoobysix

scoobysix Private E-2

I recently acquired a new rig (as below in my sig). Previously on my old rig (P4 3.2, DDR400, Asus P4P-800E Deluxe mobo), I was able to OC it to 3.6 easily by raising the FSB and raising Vcore/DRam/AGP voltages. With my current rig, overclocking has become next to impossible.

I tried OCing my 3.4 up 10% to 3.75 using the overclock profile, it was ok but RAM was decreased to PC3200 automatically. My DDR2 RAM is Corsair XMS2 675mhz low latency stuff so I expected more from it. Hence, I tried overclocking manually for a target 3.8 - raised the FSB and RAM was set to run at 660mhz (default latency), all voltages on Auto.

On these settings, it wouldn't even go into POST. I had to reset CMOS to get back into BIOS.

Now I am pretty sure the 3.4 650 CPU, mobo and RAM are pretty up to scratch for half decent overclocking. Can anyone point out to me what I'm doing wrong here? Or what I should be doing? Has anyone with a similar rig overclocked yours successfully?

Any help appreciated, cheers in advance.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Nice Specs
    changing Vcore, Vdim, timming of ram ....

3. belama

belama Private E-2

I have the 650 cpu, P5GD2 Premium and Corsair 533mhz but I dont know how to change all the features. Im not sure if our BIOS is similar but how can you change the multiplier if it is locked. And where are the memory options, cant find em. I oced the cpu to 3.7ghz just by raising the FSB but im not sure if the memory changed.

4. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds