New Software One For You!!! Preinstalled Acer Software!!! Check It Out!! Thanks!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by JubeiTigeruk, Oct 4, 2007.

1. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hey there all,

i thought id put this on here wile i worked on other computer plus to give me a break from breaking some of the computers i am working on today!! :)

Anyway!

I have a brand new Acer TravelMate 7514WSMI. Windows Vista Prem preinstalled on the laptop when it came from the box which i took it out of...

anyway! Everything is fine but this model has a Webcam built into the lid as many of these new Acers have now. The software Acer put on there to show off the cam is Acer Orbicam. This works fine once the software has been set up. Now i have information i gather from a XP Machine that i wanted to get onto the computer. So i have gathered it all into one folder on the XP Machine and copied it accross by taking out the SATA HDD from the new laptop and plugging it into a healthy XP machine and copying it that way down the amount of information there...

This is what i am doing then ill tell you whats not workign i know this one is long! but bear with me!

Setup the laptop and let the preinstalled OS and software install. PERFECT
    Install & Download the latest updates for NAV 2007 which is preinstalled on the laptop for 90 days. PERFECT.
    Remove the preinstalled MS Office 90 Day Trial as i am installing MS Office 2003 on there which i have a proper copy of! Have to do this because having the 2007 stuff on there seems to cause faults within 2003. All this is done and 2003 working 100% perfect.
    Then i copy the information onto the HDD plug it all back in working perfect.
    Then restore an MS Outlook 2003 PST file.

I done all this then the Orbi cam software will not work!!!

I have tried to reinstall the software by downloading the lastest from Acer.co.uk. Still don't work.

Tested the Webcam using MSN MSGR. Works Fine. But the software stops working.

So i done a reinstall again to see whats wrong done the reinstall works perfect. Went to the point where Office 2003 was installed worked fine...

but somewhere from copying the information and retoring OUtlook PST it stops working for some reason!?

Any helps!?!!? Please! Wile i am doing other machines id be most greatfull as this is in the back of my mind driving me mad!!! lol

Thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds