sony vaio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lorilu, Jul 22, 2004.

1. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

I have a sony vaio pc and I was wondering how to open the case to install more memory?

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

whats the model? it appears there may be different ways depending on the model. on most laptops, there is a panel with 1 screw on one end...take out the screw, open the panel, and thats where the memory goes.

3. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

it is a PCV RX 360 DS

4. acejones

5. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

yes I ordered it online from a sight that carried special ram I think I had to type in the model number I had 128 mgs and I purchased 256 mgs more. Thank You

6. acejones

did you buy 1 stick of 256 or 2 sticks of 128? it looked like your pc only has 2 banks, so hopefully you ordered 1 stick of 256.

anyway, the bottom (gold pins that plug into the memory slot) has grooves that match the slots on the memory bank. open the white tabs on the ends, line up the grooves, apply pressure to the memory stick, its should slide all the way to the bottom of the slot. when it is all the way in, the tabs should close and lock by themselves. double check them anyway to make sure they are closed.

oh yeah, turn off your pc first, unplug power cable, and touch the metal case before touching the memory on the inside of your pc...this will ground yourself to the case and prevent static electricity frying something important.

welcome to MG and good luck!

7. lorilu

lorilu Private E-2

Major Geeks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) ;) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Major Geeks RULE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for the great help.. The cool video really was great. I think its great that there is such a cool place for help . You guys rock .............................
    You are always quick to respond with great helpful advice and helper programs.......
    I will recommend you to everyone I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes I come here just to read about PC'S and stuff. Not always to ask for help.............

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Re: Major Geeks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome.... :p

9. acejones

Re: Major Geeks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad i could help

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds