Major Geeks backup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sinuhe, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

My computer crashed and I lost all my data, including passwords. Restoring my Major Geeks backup is my only hope, but although I was able to find my support forum password in my Hotmail account, it doesn't work with MG backups; I'm told I've entered a wrong user name and/or password.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks!

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

EXACTLY what do you mean by "MG backups"? Please post a link to it.

3. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Learn something new every day.
    I've never even seen that myself.

5. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

There's been a sticky at the top of the software forum for it since last December. :-D

6. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Contacted site owner(s). One of them should be along soon.

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

to Solaris.
    I seldom get there. I usually scour the new post listings or the Lounge.

8. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

Your support forum password and password for the backup program is completely different things.

The Backup program is based on a unique user name and password that you chose when you installed the program.

When you fire up the program, it will ask for your user name and password. The username is probably already filled out or in the drop down box.

If you can not remember you password, click “Manage My Account” and web page will open and you can request your password from there. Or click here.

http://myaccount.managedoffsitebackup.net/RequestPassword.aspx

9. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

When I use the password that I saved in Roboform, I get this error message (see attachment).

Attached Files:

• MG.doc
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
  10. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

Thanks, CP!

Unfortunately, when I type in my user name and my email address in the form, and click on "submit," nothing happens. It doesn't matter whether I use Firefox 3.6.8 or Internet Explorer 8.

11. Corporal Punishment

Did you request the password recovery?

Perhaps this is best suited for email. I'll drop you a note.

12. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

When I press Submit, I assume that I am requesting my password.

See attachment.

Thanks for your continuing help. CP.

Attached Files:

13. Corporal Punishment

Please check your email that you have listed here at MajorGeeks. It seems your account was created in "UltraSafe" mode. This makes it so that the password can only be changed IF you know what the password was. If you do not know what the password was... well, thats a problem.

But either way, I'm going to need some information from you that should ot be shared on a message forum.

14. Sinuhe

Sinuhe Private E-2

Thanks again, CP!

I just made some changes in my profile, but I don't know if they solve the problem you're referring to. PLEASE help me to solve this problem. All my data is contained in the backup. At 75, I really don't want to spend what little time I have left trying to recover my data.

Since I don't have your email address, please send it to me along with the information you need.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  15. Corporal Punishment

sinuhe - please email direct i am going to need more information from you than what I want shared on an open forum.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds