Re: Computer reboots

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pozzydrive, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi this has just started to happen, as I boot up my PC, sometimes when it gets to the user window and I click on the user tab, the computer starts to reboot for no apparent reason, its only done this three times so far, the first time I disconnected a digital camera that was attached and that seemed to do the trick, then again today its just done the same thing again, cannot see what might be causing this, however I am having problems with auto protect on Norton anti virus and finding the down loaded Google toolbar (See the software section for this problem I'm having) don't know if there related in anyway, I'm using XP Pro, thankyou.

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Sounds like driver problems to me.

You need to get stop error codes, and look them up on http://support.microsoft.com/

Look in the Event Viewer (Start -> Programs ->Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer) and see if you can find a stop error code.

...*wait*....

You say "reboot", do you mean start the process of shutting down and then restart, or just spontaniously rebooting?

Since you have multiple problems, I would be swayed to say that you are going to be re-installing windows quite soon, but I won't count my chickens before I lay them. Or somthing like that anyway.

3. Pozzydrive

Pozzydrive Corporal

Hi Goldfish, yes the process of shutting down and then re-starting again, hasn't done it lately, anyway will follow your link after having checked the event viewer, thankyou for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds