corrupt drivers? missing? - help finding new drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by psyhcopig, Mar 6, 2007.

1. psyhcopig

psyhcopig Private E-2

a few months back a friend of mine tried to enter a CD into my primary disk drive...but it wouldnt read, rather, My Computer didnt even show me as having the CD drives, here i am a few months later, and now i wish to use my drives [havent had a need for a while so i sorta forgot about them >.>]

i checked Computer Management > Device Manager, and it marked each drive under DVD/CD-ROM drives as:
    "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

i then did the DriverAgent scan, it did reconize the drives, but checked them off as normal...?

the hardware names are listed as:
    DVD/CD-ROM drives
    WW3450Z QSB855L SCSI
    SCSIVAX DVD/CD-ROM SCSI
    TATUNG CD-1216E
    LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-4832K

the LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-4832K is my primary, at the moment...im not even positive which is secondary, or even what the other 2 drives are [had a friend of my build the PC, he added in some parts i didnt buy/already have, of his own, just ones he had laying around] these drives had worked fined for the frist 4 months or so since the upgrade of my PC...i tried to google a driver for my primary, but only could find a firmware update, which, ironically requires to be burned to a CD,to even try and update...so now i am in desperation...i cannot find the driver anywhere, and havent even been worried about where to find/what the other drivers even are...

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

A bit more info please.
    You list SCSI drives, are they on a card or do you have SCSI on your motherboard?
    Please list some system specs pertaining to your drives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds