Limited Connectivity / Google Chrome won't load / Freezing

Discussion in 'Software' started by InSite, Aug 18, 2014.

1. InSite

InSite Private E-2

Hey guys,

My computer has been acting so weird recently. We just purchased them at work this year. It is an Asus computer with Windows 8.1.

1) Limited Connectivity: The other computers in the office connect to the internet fine. My computer will work fine and then just drop it's connection. I have done ipconfig /release, etc. but it won't work. I literally have to restart my computer.

2) Freezing: My computer will just act slow out of no where. I only have Google Chrome and Quickbooks up at work. That's it.

I know this information probably sucks, but I hope it is enough for some help? I ran malwarebytes and it came up with nothing.

Looking forward to hearing your reply.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

I have to ask is this connection Wifi or LAN?

Have you checked for an update at ASUS for the WiFi/Ethernet driver and install that to test. Also do other PCs close to you work ok all of the time? If Wifi only thinking of my works free public wifi that will limited connection and loose connection when too many users online.

Have you run the PC in safe mode with networking to test its not a startup app like 3rd party security, as in firewall or antivirus/malware?

If Google Chrome will not load try IE out to test.

Also give this a go HERE

3. InSite

InSite Private E-2

Thank you for responding!

It is WiFi.

I will try out your suggestions! Thank you!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds