Delay Write Failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Searinox, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Searinox

Searinox Private First Class

I have a P4 with 768MB RAM(3x 256) and 3 HDDs, a Western Digital 40GB, another WD 80GB, and a Maxtor 160GB. Ever since a few months ago, maybe since I got my last 256 RAM card I've been getting Delay Write Failed errors with my 80GB WD when copying many files at once.

Several sources found over google mentioned such issues regarding comps with over 512 RAM and different suggestions, but I'm not sure exactly what to do.

First of all I've changed my IDE cable and it didn't solve it. My other HDD on the cable runs fine so I don't think it's a motherboard issue. My Windows XP is up to date with all updates possible. I cannot set write-behind caching on my HDDs since it is apparently handled automatically by their drivers.

Another thing that makes me think it may be a software issue and not a hardware one is that I once had Windows XP SP2 installed on it and it ran just fine yet it was still giving errors in my other XP. Errors are rare I admit, and I have a paging file on it and the OS hasn't complaint of data loss in VM so far.

Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this error are welcome.

2. Searinox

Searinox Private First Class

I would also like to add that over the last 2 hours I have tried moving my pagefile to another harddrive, installing DataLifeguard, and tweaking the registry to change the numbef of pages and all of those did not solve my problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds