Fujitsu FMV BIBLO NB50K Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alberni, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Alberni

Alberni Private E-2

Hello, could anyone help me, I have benn given a Fujitsu FMV BIBLO NB50K Laptop. It was all in Japanese. I formated the hard drive and installed a new
    version of XP Home Edition, now I can't find the drivers for it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.....Alberni

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi Alberni and welcome to the forums :)

I think we'll need the full hardware specs and serial number of the laptop to be able to track the drivers down accurately as I think these were sold outside Japan using different family names.

I think you have an Intel chipset with maybe Celeron 1.3 and 256Mb of RAM - not sure though, maybe P4, if it is similar in spec to this, try here for the chipset driver.

Maybe here for the graphics.

3. Alberni

Alberni Private E-2

Hello,
    Thank you, I will try these sites, let you know how they worked....Alberni

4. Alberni

Alberni Private E-2

I can't seem to find the S/N on this unit....Alberni

5. satrow

I've found a Japanese Fujitsu site with links to the XP Home drivers and (presumably) updates for the original software (I'm not sure that any of these will be usable on non-Japanese versions of XP though).

This seems to show that the chipset and graphics links I gave you should be the correct ones.

The ethernet driver should be Realtek 8139 family, 3rd link down the list.

The soundcard drivers are more difficult to pinpoint. You may need to first install KB888111.exe, the Microsoft UAA High Definition Audio Package. Then try following the how do I download the latest audio driver ... link - but I'm hoping that after installing KB888111 and rebooting, Windows will automatically install the soundcard drivers ;)

6. Alberni

Alberni Private E-2

Again I thank you Satrow, this is great....Alberni

7. satrow

No problem Alberni, I hope it all works out ok :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds