speakers making clicking noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YaItsKndaLykDat, Mar 24, 2007.

1. YaItsKndaLykDat

YaItsKndaLykDat Private E-2

my speakers that came with my new computer, well its not new but i got it in November, so its not really old. but they are making a clicking noise constantly. it stops when i turn my speakers off. it doesn't stop when i mute my sound. it also doesn't help to move the speakers around on my dektop. the click stays the same volume when i turn the volume up and down.

any ideas?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Can you describe the frequency of the clicks?Few things that pop to mind move your mobile phone away from your computer and check for any other transmitters close to the speakers ie hifi,try muting the microphone and line in in volume controls

3. YaItsKndaLykDat

YaItsKndaLykDat Private E-2

its a constant click....like more than one per second. i have none of the above mentioned devices near my computer

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I wonder if the speaker transformer is a dud,try unplugging the speakers from the sound card see if you can narrow it down to just the speakers?

EDIT If the click persists try removing everything connected to the same outlet, a different socket and then maybe a different room outlet?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds