NEC USB card drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by chickenlegs, Mar 2, 2006.

1. chickenlegs

chickenlegs Private E-2

I have recently installed aa NEC 5 port USB host controller PCI card. The card is working ie. providing USB support but I cannot get device manager to recognise it, Windows cannot install the drivers for it and I am told that my new device "may not work correctly" I have got the yellow exclamation mark next to PCI device in Device manager. I have downloaded various NEC 5 port drivers but windows will not install them. Anyone got any ideas??

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which OS are you using and do you have the latest Service Pack for that Windows Vesion?

Have you installed your Motherboard/Chipset drivers as these are needed to sucessfully allow USB to be recognised by the OS?

Just in case there is any conflict of IRQs have you tried the PCI card in another PCI motherboad slot?

Have you tried to use the Driver Wizard to locate a microsoft listed driver that may work? ( goto Device Manager and double click the ! marked device and choose the driver tab > Update Driver > check "yes this time only" > Next > Next > system will search the MS catalogue so if your firewall alerts you to outgoing traffic allow it > if the wizard finds a driver it will install it.

3. chickenlegs

chickenlegs Private E-2

thanks for the reply, I am using WinXP pro full licensed version with service pack 2, all drivers are installed for board and chipset, and I have swapped the card twice in different slots. The annoying thing is that it works as far as USB goes, but device manager will not recognise it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds