"Threatfire?"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Stubby, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Has anyone used this program from PCTools? I've read the reviews and most appear to be positive. On the other hand I have also 'heard' that it's a resource hog and doesn't play well with the registry. Then again, the person that told me that couldn't say what it does to the registry!! One more thing, does anyone also use the firewall from PCTools? At present, I'm using Comodo's firewall, but since they no longer support, or update, the version for my OS (Win2000Pro) I figure it's about time I find another one.

Okay, back to "Threatfire." I'm currently using Avast AV, Spywareblaster and SB-Search & Destroy and just thought it would be a good idea to maybe just another layer of protection. Especially with all those idiots out there with no lives, sitting behind their computers trying to make other people's lives miserable!! Any opinions of those two peices of software? THANKS!!!!!;)

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Man, I need stronger glasses!! I thought that was a question mark I added to the title of this post!!:eek: However, once I posted I realized it was a 'thumbs down!! (note to self...make appointment for eye doctor!!)

3. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

ThreatFire is a genuine scoop. Nearly all user reports are full of praise and this is supported by expert reviews. PC Tools work to fix the software's compatibility issues, - ThreatFire have had some of those in the past but they are few and far between nowadays.

It is true, however, that the program can make the start functions heavy and slow. But not on all machines. That's generally how it is with security software: what is an impossible program on one machine performs with excellence on the next.

So what you've heard might be true. Only: it might not be true for you. Give ThreatFire a chance and check it out. It is more than just another a fine freeware program. It is from the very top of this worlds security software.

4. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds