Has anyone played railworks?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sexyandy81, Nov 20, 2009.

1. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

Hello Everyone,

I am just asking a question has anyone played the above game. The reason I'm asking is that my computer has met all the requirements of the game but it's still running glichy.

System Requirements:

Windows xp/vista
    1.7 Ghz processor or better
    512MB Ram
    6.0GB Hard disk
    64MB Graphics with pixel shader 2.0
    Direct x 9.0c

My Computer System:

Windows xp sp3
    Intel P4 2.8GHz cpu
    1.5GB Ram
    80GB Hard disk with 1TB External Hard drive
    ATI Radeon 3650 512MB Graphics Card
    Direct x 9.0c installed

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not played the game but if the game is glitchy, then make sure your graphic drivers are upto date version.

Make sure you have any game patches that have been released installed.

Try the game with your security applications disabled.

3. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I have tried disabling my firewall and anti virus program running in the background and checked for game updates as its installed by steam program.

But the game still runs at 14 fps, but when i run other games like dealt force black hawk down and rainbow six lockdown the games run smooth without any problems.

what else can be wrong?

Andy

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not got any other suggestions as yet, without trying the game out myself, but one thing that jumps into my head is that some games like this take up alot of HDD space, and if your drive with fragmented befoe installing it "could" be an outside cause, so defrag the drive and try the game again.

Did read some posts on the Railworks forum and many where taking about low FPS with CPUs like yours, until they upgraded to dual core CPUs and the FPS went from 14FPS which I gather is the lowest the game will show, to 40 FPS.

As a side note: never believe the min specs or recomended specs for a game or even Windows version as they are not optimal in reality for a good user experience.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds