Asus Express Gate (Asus P5Q Pro mobo)

Discussion in 'Software' started by G-Dub, Nov 28, 2008.

1. G-Dub

G-Dub Private E-2

Hi

After installing the Express Gate software as provided by the ASUS, however when starting the PC, the screen displays a message saying that the software is not yet installed & supplies an error code (8C000002).

I previsouly had my SATA harddrives setup as in the BIOS using the IDE setting, but have changed it to AHCI (where I then reinstalled all system software).

While the drives were setup as IDE drives in the BIOS, I was able to make use of the Express Gate software, but since switching to AHCI & reinstalling the software, it no longer seems to be available.

Anyone got any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

2. G-Dub

G-Dub Private E-2

Hi

This is for the benefit of anyone else who has an ASUS mobo & is trying to get the Express Gate software to work. According to the ASUS helpdesk, the Express Gate software will only work if your HDDs are setup using the IDE setting & only for SATA drives. This therefore explains why I cannot get the software to work (I'm using the AHCI setting).

Case Closed.

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya, I was looking into the AHCI option but it seems that's only worth it in enterprise situations from what I've read. I find the Express Gate useless for me as my rig is on 24/7. Ten seconds is better than the 40 secs that Vista takes to boot or the 90 secs that XP takes for me. Only thing that I really don't like about it is it uses generic or somesuch drivers which I can't change to fit my widescreen, overflows on both sides.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds