Vista Business Upgrade info

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lev, May 23, 2007.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

I have Vista Home Premium on my new laptop and am wanting to upgrade to Vista Business to utilize the work servers. We are a non-profit organization and so some places negotiate great discounts with MSFT for this. Lowest upgrade price we have found so far is $72. Anyone know of any other legit sites that may be cheaper still?

Thanks in advance - factual stuff only please.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think you have a great deal there LEV, I searched and got as low as $104 for OEM Vista Business Upgrade DVD.

Didnt bother with ebay as a business you would I guess want to buy from recognised retailers.

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thanks Halo, and that's a 'roger' to recognized retailers :)

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Interesting and a possibility Steve. What does this mean though? Any idea? "Five unit mix and match product count to qualify".....I'm thinking you have to buy a minimum of 5 licenses?

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I didn't see that part, I'm thinking you might have to buy five "products". I just noticed that some non-profit's qualify. Give em a call tollfree.

Steve

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Thanks again Steve. Seems this minimum order of 5 is common.

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Good thing I'm not in charge of buying. :D

Just call them and put the ol Lev charm on them. ;)

Steve

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Does anyone know how much it would cost if I click the "Anytime" upgrade option on my Vista Premium version? Seems they don't want the expense of 5 copies immediately, but it will be that at this rate if I waste much more time researching this rolleyes Shouldn't IT dept do this stuff anyway? :innocent

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds