MajorGeeks On WIXT-9

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Major Attitude, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If your in Central NY channel 9, WIXT will be having us on tommorow during the news. My understanding is that we will be discussing spyware, spam and other crap and how to avoid it followed by taking questions. CP and myself will be on as well as Mike Rao and Chuck Swanson, who do the Sunday computer show on AM570. I am unsure of the times, but I would guess 5:30-6:30 would be the time to watch. Alright, I gotta go pluck between my eyebrows.

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Sweet! I'll try and record it so I can post ya's on tv :D

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Eyebrows..there should be TWO

4. Radiofool

Radiofool Private First Class

Lol. Congratulations guys. I'm glad MG is getting some coverage, it deserves it.

5. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

if he comes out with three, im gonna laugh and laugh.

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

heheheehe.. :)

7. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Can you tape it and put it up here? I don't get those hick...um local stations anymore.

8. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I'm gonna try and record it on my pc... so far I've been able to record some CNN but the sound is kinda futzed up. If I can get it though, I'll post it up for download :D

9. Major Attitude

I have another friend attempting to record it as well, so between the two... God, I hope I am used to this now.. We did the TV show on Time Warner, the Radio Show and now this, each time its a different scenario and you never know how to behave.

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

For God's sake, don't act like yourself.. you'll end up bankrupting TiVO !! :D

11. Freddy

Freddy Sergeant

Anyone know how to program a VCR here? or maybe someone point a camcorder or digital camera and stand very still.

Jeez - Geeks and their gadgets.

12. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

I dont have a vcr though :p

13. Major Attitude

Whats a VCR? Oh, that right.. Man, its been about 6 years since I have seen one of those with them old tape thingies that go in there ;)

14. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Is that a network channel? abc nbc fox pbs?

Are you going live? or prerecorded edited version.

15. Major Attitude

Local news network, abc I believe. We are doing both, a pre-recorded session, and taking calls live.

16. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Think I got the audio bit solved :D

17. zimpal

zimpal Private First Class

Next will be Letterman and Leno.

18. Major Attitude

Must remember to lay off jack daniels when going on tv next day....

19. BluesMan

BluesMan Sgt. Snot Bubble

No no bad idea..Jack Daniels good :D

20. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Go to it, MA, give 'em hell. Hope to see something of the show on MG, or audio. Bazza

===

21. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Got the TV on Demand thing ready to record and compress, as soon as it airs and is ready to go, it'll be made freely available for download to all you MGers :D

22. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Sweet..................................thanks:D

23. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Got all of the clips recorded, and am compressing them down even further... but I'm kinda disappointed. I was hopin for more of MA and CP, but they were there, and the video segments aren't bad Introductions to Internet Security for n00bs ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds