Vista Windows Mail/Network/Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rooster, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Rooster

Rooster Private E-2

I bought a new Dell and have it networked to my older PC. The new one has Vista w/Windows Mail, the old one has XP Pro w/ Outlook Express.
    My problem is some of my email only goes to the Outlook Express and some goes to Windows Mail.
    Example: I received an email (from my cousin)that I can see on the new PC but not the old one. I replied to the message on my new PC. Then I was on the old PC and discovered my cousin replied back to me. I couldn't see his reply on my new PC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Doug

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes, open your Mail applications up then go to Tools > Accounts, click the email account and choose Properties > then click Advanced tab and put tick in "Leave a copy of messages on server" > Apply

Do this on both PCs and all email accounts and you will get a mirror copy of emails on both PCs, this is how I keep my 3 PCs upto date with emails and newsgroup messages.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds