Unknown 50% drop in gaming performance in Vista 64

Discussion in 'Software' started by Zantetsuken, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Private E-2

First of all, hello everyone! I'm not native English, so please apologize any lack of English knowledge, or any errors in the following report.

Well, this is my current problem.
    I've installed Vista 64-bit in my computer (Athlon X2 4200+, MSI K9N-Neo V3, GeForce 9800GT 512MB, 4 GB OCZ Platinum 800 MHz Ram, and two SATA hard-drives), and after some days of tweaking, I've got it up and running very smoothly.
    I've been playing games like The Last Remnant, World of Warcraft, Wheelman, HAWX and GRID withouth any problem, up until April the 9th, when I removed an IDE Hard-disk that I had for another person (changed it for a good 500gb SATA) and reconnected the Sata cables.

I went out for the holiday, and when I came back and tried to play today, April the 13th, the games mentioned before score almost half the FPS they used to provide. Some of them became unplayable at that rate, and I cannot believe how such a drop could exist, if I haven't touched any driver settings or else.

I'm an advanced user, been fixing machines for years now, but this one problem totally beat me, as I'm new to Vista OS (been using XP).

I'd be extremely thankful for any assistance in this matter. I'm attaching my HijackThis log, just in case if it helps. Lemme know if I should provide any additional information.

Attached Files:

2. Zantetsuken

Zantetsuken Private E-2

[Update]
    Well, after many hours of guesswork, I was able to find the answer to my problem.

Thanks for reading.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Welcome

Glad you many aged to fix it yourself, but what did you find as the cause of the issue and did HJT help in this reguard as your fix may help someone else with similar issue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds