VPN indicated when not present

Discussion in 'Software' started by GeneK02460, Dec 14, 2008.

1. GeneK02460

GeneK02460 Private E-2

I am getting a dialog box when I attempt to print to my wireless printer that indicates I am connected to a VPN. The text of the message says: "The print spooler was unable to connect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer bing turned off, the cable being unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block your access to your local network. Your document will print when the printer becomes available."

This behavior began on Saturday, 12/13. I am able to print when hard wired to the printer and can also print wirelessly from another PC.

I am running Windows XP SP3.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

2. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Have youtried to reset your wireless printer router?

3. GeneK02460

GeneK02460 Private E-2

I powered the printer down and restarted it. That seems to have fixed the problem for me. Many thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds