iPhone 4 vpn

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Valhallis, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Valhallis

Valhallis Private First Class

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move it.

We've recently started using iPhones in the office after years of Blackberry users (I know). I don't have an iPhone but as I was playing around today I noticed a VPN option. What would this allow me to do? I imagine it could allow me to connect to our cisco devices but what else? Hopefully you guys are more knowledgeable than me on the subject.

2. handygal

handygal First Sergeant

VPN is a secure tunnel across the internet. The other end of the connection must also be configured.

It would allow a secure connection to a location, such as connecting to your office remotely and securely. When I connect via VPN to my office from home, I can see all of the devices on the network at the office as if I were another workstation on the premises.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds