disabling MS GS Wavetable Synth from Windows?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rovelius, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rovelius

Rovelius Private E-2

I recently got myself FL Studio 8/Asio4All and whenever I pick Asio as primary sound device, I stop hearing anything. I've been reading everywhere it's caused by a conflict with MS GS Wavetable Synth so I've tried looking around for info on how to disable it, to no avail. People mentioned the ability of doing so in our sound cards' control panel but mine don't allow that (SoundMAX Digital Audio... crap onboard) So I need a way of doing so directly from Windows.

Any idea guys?

2. Thera

Thera Private E-2

Can I give this a desperate bump? Trying to resolve the same issue myself. The net is littered with this same query - needing to deactivate Wavetable Synth to free up ASIO4ALL's output from being "unavailable" - but NO solution. Some people report success in having turned it off in their program of choice, but I can see no way to accomplish that in FL...

3. Rovelius

Rovelius Private E-2

I fixed my problem by salvaging some old sound cards in my sister's broken Pentium 3 computer - it came as a surprise that it was actually worth 30$ and was a pretty good one.

I think it's just impossible to have ASIO working on most onboard soundcards, I would still have this issue today if I didn't find it. rolleyes

4. itguy51

itguy51 Private E-2

A little trick...
    Go to control panel.
    Click Sound
    Select speakers.
    double click speakers.
    click advanced tab
    and disable Exclusive Mode.
    GS Wavetable Synth and ASIO use this port exclusively. You disable exclusive, both can use it at the same time.

5. audiophile1

audiophile1 Private E-2

another trick

Hey, I was having the exact same problem using an Alesis IO2 external audio device, i tried changing the exclusivity settings which did not work for me.
    However, this little trick did:

(using windows 7)
    1 - rightclick on your volume icon in the bottom right corner
    2 - go to playback devices
    3 - right click on whatever your audio device is called which you want to be using
    4 - select the option to disable it (don't worry you can reverse this easily at any time)
    5 - open your music recording software and it should work.

the only problem with this is that it is only a quickfix... you will have to enable/disable your speakers every time you want to use your recording software but I find this isn't a problem as it is the work of 5 seconds...

Best of luck to you, happy recording!
    x

6. Darkrikuthegreat

Darkrikuthegreat Private E-2

I've found a solution for vista users! :D! All you do is:

1:Right click the volume icon in your system tray
    2: click playback devices
    3:right click speakers
    4: click properties
    5: click advanced
    6: uncheck "allow applications to take eclusive control of this device"
    7: uncheck "give exclusive mode applications priority"
    8: open FL Studio 8(or any program for music that supports ASIO4ALL or ASSIO4ALL2)
    9: click options
    10: click audio settings
    11: change device to ASIO4ALL or ASIO4ALL2
    12: Click "Show asio panel"
    13: click advanced
    14: check "always resample 44.1kHz <-> 48 KHz"
    15: MAKE MUSIC! :D

7. chriswp420

chriswp420 Private E-2

THANKS SO MUCH Ive been battling with cubase for ages now its all gravy ;)

8. GuitarBob

GuitarBob Private E-2

Re: another trick

I have spent the best part of 2 days trying to figure out why I couldn't get Samplitude Music Studio 15 to work via ASIO4All and a Alesis USB mixer. I had just discovered the error message in the driver control panel saying that the output was being used by MS GS Wavetable etc. I searched online, found this forum, disabled the USB Audi Codec Speakers and I now have a recording studio where the incoming and outgoing signals can be properly monitored via the mixer headset socket. With past experience of ASIO nightmares, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed bt Many, many thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds