Ocberfest Food.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Here is a little German recipe we cooked at work today. I hate onions, but might try this at our Octoberfest at work Thursday night.

1/2 # Bacon
    1 Cup Chopped Onion
    8 Medium Potatoes, boiled and sliced
    1/3 Cup of Flour
    1/2 Cup of Vinegar
    1/2 Cup of Sugar
    1/2 Cup of Water
    1 TBsp Parsley
    Salt and Pepper.

Saute bacon and onions. Without draining, add flour, stir to mix. Mix up the vinegar, sugar and water, stir then add and stir constantly until thickened. Pour on the potatos, stir. Cover and bake at a low temp for a couple of hours, Top with parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.

Grab a beer, pronounce W's as V's, and V's as W's. :-D

That must have been one heck of a wedding reception for the Germans to keep on celebrating it for 200 years... :cool

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Don't forget to call the medics for a defib cart for all the cholesterol and fat you've just ingested.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Bah! The beer takes care of the fat! :-D Start your own thread about health food! :-D:-D

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Nah, that's about 3lbs. of potatoes so figure having that as an appetizer for 8, one would consume 1oz. of bacon, besides pork fat has half the cholesterol that butter does.;)

Hmm bacon and potatoes, I'm Lithuanian and we have something called a 'kugelis' or kugel in other countries. Potato, bacon and after it's baked, add the sour cream man!:yum Next day if there's any leftovers, split em in half and fry them up in some more bacon grease and top with sour cream!:p:-D

As Julia Child always said, everything in moderation.:)

5. albertin

albertin Private E-2

I loved the weiswurst, that white sausage with the brownish sweet mustard, nom nom :)
    Potato salad was great there too!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds