Got a question before I install XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ThanksInAdvance, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ThanksInAdvance

ThanksInAdvance Private E-2

Currently I have win98se (which is the devil) about to install xp was wondering if I REALLY need to fdisk it all over again for a fresh install or will it not matter to much.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Agreed with Robo..

3. acejones

acejones A Different Title

agreed with kodo :D

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Agreed with all of the above BUT one thing I would like to add to this thread is I would run the xp compatibility check or upgrade advisor ( cannot remember what the hell its called ) but its on the CD... this checks your hardware and software for any compatibility issues before you embark... better forewarned!

5. ThanksInAdvance

ThanksInAdvance Private E-2

Well my winxp pro cd isn't working now a friend is going to bring me the upgrade version. I guess this doesn't matter I still need to do a clean install.

XP pro cd-key won't work with upgrade version right?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds