Mitac 8640 drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by trey31357, Jan 12, 2009.

1. trey31357

trey31357 Private E-2

Hello all,

I have acquired a pretty obscure laptop - a Mitac 8640, and don't have the driver CD for it. I've searched the forums and found a relevant post with a link to some drivers, but the post is over 2 years old and the link is now broken.

Can anyone help me and point me in the right direction for some drivers? I need audio, PCI controller, and VGA drivers.

I'm pasting some information on the motherboard generated from HWInfo32 below.

Motherboard ---------------------------------------------------------------

[Computer]
    Computer Brand Name: MTC 8640
    [Motherboard]
    Motherboard Model: MTC 8640
    Motherboard Chipset: SiS 650 + 962
    Motherboard Slots: 1xISA, 1xPCI, 1xAGP v2.0
    [BIOS]
    BIOS Manufacturer: Insyde Software
    BIOS Date: 02/21/03
    BIOS Version: Version 4.00
    Super-IO/LPC Chip: National Semiconductor PC8739x
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip: Not Found

Thanks for any help. :(

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    Mitac has the drivers available as .ISO images. This means that all the drivers are in one large file (an ISO image file) and meant to be burned to CD. So you'd burn the downloaded ISO file as an image to a CD and install the drivers from there. Alternatively, you can extract the ISO image's contents using TUGzip (it's like WinZip or WinRAR but a bazillion times better) or mount the image using a virtual drive app like MagicDisc. Anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.mitac-europe.com/services/drivers.php
    Scroll down a bit for the 8640 series....
    I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes!

:-D

[dlb]

3. trey31357

trey31357 Private E-2

This gave me the necessary drivers I needed, much thanks! :-D

4. anwar726

anwar726 Private E-2

DEAR SIR I NEED ONLY VGA DRIVERS FOR MiTAc 8640 plz provide me here... 440 mb iso image is so large and my internet speed culd not download the file... plz help me abt section...
    thanks in advance....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds