Can Someone Help Me Find My Old Printer Driver? (Canon Pixma IP1000)

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Dec 15, 2009.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I'm in my country on vacation and my parents have a printer that is still working. I had to reinstall their O/S because it was damaged. Anyways I wasn't able to get the drivers off the pc, and they don't have the disc for it. I checked Canon's website but they don't have it either.

Thanks in advance.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. timmytomas

timmytomas Private E-2

Good luck! I was trying to reformat my computer and i lost my drivers. I had to give it to a friend that knew more about what happened then i did. [​IMG]

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

PCPitStop is a pretty reputable site. The site has the drivers for 32 bit XP and Vista to download
    http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/Canon~PIXMA~iP1000.html

Let me know if you have problems accessing or downloading because you are currently not in the US. I can download the correct driver and upload it and send you the link in a PM here.

5. superstar

Thank you very much I was able to get it working!

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm sure your parents are pleased with a functioning printer again. ;)

7. superstar

They're more than happy, I mean they're at an age where even shutting the pc off is a problem. But now the prints are coming out blurry. It's just the black in though... I'm trying to figure it out. I've run the cleaning procedures as per the maintenance properties but still have blurry prints.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds