Need Help Disabling Onboard Video in Bios

Discussion in 'Software' started by ArcticCat, Aug 22, 2006.

1. ArcticCat

ArcticCat Private E-2

I have an emachines with an MS-7093 motherboard that has onboard ATI Xpress 200 video chip. I'm having problems with a new ATI AIW pcie X1300 2006 card. I went into the BIOS but don't know what to look for. I did see something that said internal video with an RMA next to it that you can click on but I'm not sure that it's what I need to disable. Also I was told to flash the BIOS first before I disable the video.

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Your motherboard will automaticly disable your onboard video, as for the bios update, see what the update is updating before you install it, if you dont need it , dont bother. ed

3. ArcticCat

ArcticCat Private E-2

They did tell me that at ATI but are now saying that I have to disable it in the BIOS. Their e-mail does not contain any info on how to do it, only that I should contact MSI to find out how to do it. When the system comes out of sleep mode it displays a message that it had to be shut down to protect itself from damage and has to reboot again.

4. padams

padams First Sergeant

Is this with your new card installed? This problem really doesn't sound like a video problem to me. Have you checked for any malware on your pc lately?

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Also have an Emachines, all I had to do was plug in the card, it was disabled. Try it, no harm in that.

Typically, you need to hit delete on boot (tap it) and it takes you to a screen, browse around for onboard devices, etc. and look for the onboard video and disable it. If you can not find it, then it probably does not exist and what we are saying is correct.

6. ArcticCat

ArcticCat Private E-2

You guys were right. The ATI techs that said to go into the BIOS to disable it were wrong. They just had me uninstall and install the drivers and software again but it didn't help. On my system I hit tab to enter the BIOS, didn't see it there anyway and it's not in device manager. Before we installed the video card we put in an Antec 430w PS. When I spoke to Antec they said that there is a sleep mode in the PS and that I should try another one to see if that fixes the problem. I did get an error message once that power was lost to the HD. Is there any way to freeze the screen at startup so that I can read the whole black screen error message? (it's a full page). If it helps, these are the files from the error report window. C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8778.dir00\Mini082406-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8778.dir00\sysdata.xml Thanks

7. PCJinx

PCJinx Private First Class

Just a shot in the dark...
    But see if you can set to shared memory in BIOS to "0" or zero.

8. theefool

theefool Geekified

To "freeze" the screen on post. Hit the Pause/Break key. Or, CTRL + S (I think).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds