motorola phonetools 4.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by texasharper, Oct 7, 2007.

1. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

I am trying to use motorola mobile phonetools software 4.0 and it says my driver is not digitally signed.

I have however, used this software successfully in the past.

Is there any way to bypass this and still use my phonetools without having to buy still more products?

Thank you for your replies.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

What specifically is the issue? Most drivers not digitally signed are still perfectly fine.

3. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

The software has been updated. Since that time I have not been able to use it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Upon reinstallation I declined the dpdate, hoping it would work again, but no.

Before the update, it says software does not detect a phone or device. It asks if I would like to update so I can find my phone but once I do... it says it can't find the modem.

I am not computer savvy, so if you could be very specific in your replies it would be appreciated. TIA

4. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Also, this might help. After I bought the software, I then find out from Motorola that it is not compatible with XP media which is what I have. However, it has worked for me for this whole last year.

5. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Anyone?

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. It says the software works with XP
    2. Included in the purchase price of the downloadable Motorola Phone Tools 4 are upgrades to newer versions of the Phone Tools software.
    http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/e...etail&productID=6809476A88&showAddButton=true

Is Verizon your carrier?
    The support site for Motorola Phone Tools by Motorola
    Code:
    http://www.bvrpforums.com/motorola/
    If you don't have Verizon as a carrier then state there what used to work (version) and what current version doesn't work.

7. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Yes, Plodr, it says XP...but what it fails to mention, is that XP media is NOT compatible! I only learned this through a motorola rep.

No, I am a att/cingular customer.

Any ideas?

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

The Motorola rep is an idiot.

XP Media Center is the same as XP Pro, with media features and certain network features disabled, such as joining a domain.

9. Lance Bombardier

Lance Bombardier Private First Class

I rushed to check my Motorola, whic I updated today to 4.0, but it seems fine. So, no idea at all.

Motorola's piccies are enough to make me cling to Nokia. That dork in a skirt, and the two japanes girls with curling papers. Yuck.

10. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Be that as it may....how does that help me?:confused

Lance, glad to hear yours is still working.

11. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Anyone else?

12. plodr

Here are some solutions from the forum I linked above.
    A. 1) Disconnect the phone
    2) Remove the "Standard modem" and the "Motorola USB modem" from "Phone and Modem Options (the modem tab). If you have other modems installed take care not to delete the wrong ones.
    3) Use"add/remove programs" from the control panel to uninstall the Motorola Phone Tools. (When prompted, select the option to keep your Motorola phone documents).
    4) Reboot the PC. This step seems to be important. Possibly because it resets COM port allocations?
    5) Re-install Motorola Phone Tools from the CD following the instructions. (I note that the Motorola USB Modem isn't installed at this stage).
    6) Run Motorola Phone Tools (actually it's started automatically unless you uncheck the tick box during installation).
    7) When prompted (and not before) Connect your phone and follow the instructions. (This will re-install the Motorola USB Modem).

B. On the software image of the phone I clicked the menu option on the image's key pad.
    I then selected "Setup" followed by "Connect a different phone".
    I then set the connection to "cable" - this fixed it.

C. My modem was showing twice on phones and modems. I removed them both and let XP detect it again automatically. This is all happening while MTP was also on. It detected the phone again as a newly found device and everything is settled now.

D. I had downloaded the MPT files online, and so do not have a CD, so I did not delete and reinstall the program. Deleting the existing Motorola modem from Control Panel and rebooting the PC did the trick, though.

E. I just removed my phone from the list of phones and modems. Unplugged and replugged it in. Then went on MPT and selected Menu-Setup-Add Phone and waited about three more minutes and it worked.

13. texasharper

texasharper Corporal

Thank you, plodr!!!

Do you also have XP Media? If so...have you ever had any problems with your MPT?

I will try your suggestions as soon as I can. Thanks again.

14. plodr

No sorry, I only have a Virgin mobile pay as you go plan, LOL. Also currently five of my six computers are running Windows 2000 and a few have linux distros on as well. The sixth computer, a relic from the past, is going to get a restore copy of 95 on it before it is recycled the end of this month.
    I only search to see if I can come up with solutions to problems. I sure hope one of them works for you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds