Can't connect to internet after updating Comodo Internet Security

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gymguy, Sep 25, 2009.

1. gymguy

gymguy Private E-2

While cleaning up in preparation for using Acronis to do an image backup on my newest desktop, I tried updating Comodo Internet Security to latest level. Comodo wanted me to uninstall current version before new install. When I did I lost my internet connection. My laptop (this computer) and my other desktop connect just fine. I reset my router and went through procedures to reconnect my new desktop to the internet but no help. Tried to use Windsock fix but no help. I used Avira antivirus as well as Avast antivirus to look for malware and found "tr crpt.xpack.gen" trojan and I believe I remove it. However, no help with the internet problem and I was having problems with slow response so I did a Windows repair from my CD. The system now responds much more quickly but the internet connection problem persists. I reset my router and went through procedures to reestablish internet connection but no help. I went through the MG procedures to clean up XP for possible malware and I have attached the relevant files. The SAS didn't detect anything so no results file was created. The ComboFix text file exceeded the 250Kb limit so I couldn't attach it. Any help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds