Create a Tips and Tricks collection

Discussion in 'Software' started by NexusFred, Aug 3, 2015.

1. NexusFred

NexusFred Private E-2

Hello.

I hope I'm in the right section to ask this.

I looking for a software to compile all tips and tricks about fixing Windows or any other softwares I can find on the net.

Like Grab the entire HTML page or just the select part. Or write one by myself lol and all this save in a database to be used offline.

Thanks
    Nexus

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Nexus...

I keep a folder in Documents for Windows fixes. I just put the fixes in Notepad files. With some clever titling of the file, searching for a fix is easy that way.

I also created a folder for HTML pages in Documents. I have a number of fixes and references that I keep there. Same thing with .pdf files...

3. NexusFred

NexusFred Private E-2

Thanks for the tips !! :-D

But that what i do too and this not very handy !!

4. AtlBo

NexusFred...

Have you ever tried one of the card file programs? Windows 3.1 used to have a card file program that I found and ran on XP for awhile. The problem with them for me is that it's important to make sure you keep backup of the card file, which I didn't have at the time on that old PC.

I might look into this myself. I was always looking for a card file that would allow for the addition of pictures/videos (links/shortcuts) to a card. I take a look around and let you know if I come up with anything...

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

6. AtlBo

NexusFred...

There is a program called AZZ card file, but the latest version is shareware. I'm not sure how much it costs, but I don't think it would be expensive. It has all the support I would like with additions of picture or to files possible.

As far as freeware goes, the best I could find is NCH Express Notes, which doesn't support links or photos. You can add a file path to a card and then paste it in Windows Explorer path bar. It does recognize .html links, so you can use the cards to link to the net. At least you can make multiple books and there is a find feature...

7. NexusFred

NexusFred Private E-2

Thanks for all.

With this 2 options I will find something to create my collection !! :-D

8. AtlBo

NexusFred...

Good luck! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds