call to experts for help

Discussion in 'Software' started by fotonut, Aug 4, 2015.

1. fotonut

fotonut Private E-2

Hi folks, Here is the problem I need to solve: I do not know, if you noticed, there is a new guizmo getting very popular: the top of the line (price-wise) is called FitBit. This thing is a watch/pedometer,outside temp monitor, sleep monitor and recently even a video monitor. it has a usb plug to connect to the comp and bluetooth for anybody who wants and able to listen rolleyes. I do not want to post a link to the device(besides FitBit there are plenty of much cheaper knockoffs. Here is the problem: not only are these things very promiscuous - connecting to anyone in sight, but also it looks to me like it's hooked up with Windows 8.1 Fitness an Health APP and allowing this app to collect and transfer the personal stats:-o:-o. What I did find out - trying to unplug the USB I, like a disciplined user went to eject the device, but was told - no-no, somebody is using this device. somebody was the above mentioned APP which was uploading the data:(. I could not find how to disconnect the watch from the APP and ended up un-installing the application. At this point the watch stopped working completely, not even charging. ok, I really want this gizmo to track my stats, but I do not want my stats to be transfered to MS. Is there any way to block it either via firewall or hosts.dat or??? Please help to find a solution. I really want to protect my privacy, but want to use it to improve my health. I can hardly imagine more suitable community to ask for help than this one. Plz. help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds