Need some advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by acejones, Jun 15, 2006.

1. acejones

acejones A Different Title

I "bought" an 5th generation 60gig ipod on ebay for a decent sum of money. I've yet to receive the ipod and I bought it May 27th. Since I haven't heard one word from him, I filed a dispute claim on his sorry butt last night, but through the power of the interweb, I now have his address and phone number (as well as email address). Now, here's where I need advice. Should I proceed to use this information to my advantage and call him, have friends call him, post it all over the web and have the whole world call him, or should I let the dispute take its course? Chances are, I'll get part of my money back, but I'd like to get all of it back.

Ideas?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I'd let the process work for a while ....maybe he sent it by way of europe and it just hasn't arrived yet ....but I wouldn't smear him until certain:)

3. acejones

Nope, he lives in New Jersey.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Its illegal foir you to post his address and number unless its in the public domain if you do he can Sue you and your responsible for any harm that may come to him from crazies,if he gave it to you confidentially you have to keep it private,if he has posted it on the internet and you can link to it thats public domain which I doubt he has,its only been eighteen days though my brother waited for a stereo facia for 2 months but with communication,when it came he got a load of extra goodied like keyrings ect. with note "very sorry please dont leave bad feedback",this was from an Ebay store though

Not saying that anyone shouldnt buy an Ipod from Ebay but I personally wouldnt, anything electrical that can go wrong I always buy from a store that I can drive to

6. acejones

@ timw
    i've seen that already

@ rikky
    well, i guess i got off off public domain...i got off whitepages.com. not very hard and anyone can find it. plus, you've missed a major part of my post...I haven't received any communication with this guy. I've emailed him through ebay and i've emailed him directly, just asking for a status check. nothing. plus, the ipod is supposedly brand new, and i figured i'd take my chances.

7. Rikky

Nah you missed:) Lack of communication is a very bad sign,I dont see how anyone can miss their email for 18 days,Ipod's are one of the biggest scams going on Ebay aswell

I'm not sure about the white pages I'd be carefull though,I'm just not sure how they draw the line when you investigate where someone lives find out and post it or its in the public domain

Good luck mate :(

8. acejones

no, i saw what you posted. the difference between your brothers experience and mine is, he had communication and i have not.

9. Rikky

Thats why I said "but" with communication

I should of emphisised the lack of communication more in my first post though ;)

anyway moving on :D

10. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Send him a certified letter politely inquiring about the status of your purchase. He'll get the message. ;)

11. acejones

ooo...good idea.

12. Darkpain

Darkpain Private E-2

or mabe it's just a scam, I wonder what you would do if he sent a letter back saying ''hah, I scammed you and you fell for it''

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds